CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mmm Sweet Potatoes

I made some sweet potatoes for Maisie last weekend and she loves it! If anyone is interested in making your own baby food, check out this website. I am not ashamed to admit that cooking and baking is not one of my strengths or big interests, so don't think you have to be a big foodie to make your own baby food. I tried this first with Max and Tyler, and it was so easy and cheap that I knew I would do it with Maisie. I borrowed my mother-in-law's food processor the first time around, but this time I just used a blender and it worked great. I'm nerdily excited to make baby food using veggies from our own garden too. Bon Appetit!


So easy: just bake, process, and freeze in an ice cube tray (and put the frozen cubes in a large freezer bag for future use)

4 comments:

Ryan and Heather said...

We loved making our baby food for Charlie and Quinn too. I actually use it still to mix into all the kids food now! She looks so cute!!!! Heather

Anonymous said...

Maybe that will put a little orange tint to her hair.
Love,
Nana

Jenny Bo said...

Look at you...super mom! :) If you ever need help in the kitchen with baby food-prep let me know. I LOVE that kind of stuff!

Anonymous said...

Bridg, Preston loves sweet potatoes too, but I have to be careful of the tiny stringy pieces. I use the blender and chop up ham and add that to the sweet potatoes. Yum Yum
Love you.
Aunt Flash and Preston

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...