As you can probably guess since I haven't updated the blog for a week, things have been pretty crazy. To put it more accurately, we are exhausted! The boys are doing great though and we constantly remind ourselves that one day we will be able to sleep longer than 2 1/2 hours at a time. :) We are still following a pretty strict schedule of feeding the boys every 3 hours, but once they start weaning off their oxygen we will be able to feed them "on demand" - hopefully giving us an extra hour or two in the middle of the night. The good news is that we're no longer sleeping on the couch as we've been moving the boys to their crib every night. It's a pain to lug their 30 pound oxygen machines up and down the stairs every day, but it's worth the reward of sleeping in a bed!
Ever since Max and Tyler hit their due date a week ago, it really seems like they are "waking up" to the world. They are much more alert now and make eye contact with us all the time. I even caught them watching TV the other night! Even though we are still on the 3 hour feeding schedule, they make sure to tell us when they are hungry - sometimes as soon as 2 hours after their last meal. Tyler definitely takes the cake for loudest scream, but Max has let out some good cries too. Their preemie outfits are a bit snug on them now, so it's probably time to switch completely to newborn size clothes. I put two pictures below of Tyler in his very first preemie outfit at about 7 weeks old and in the same outfit at 3 months old. They certainly are growing!
Grandma and Grandpa Jones are coming back in town this week and we are looking forward to seeing them (and having some help, of course...) ;) We hope everyone is having a great week!
Ever since Max and Tyler hit their due date a week ago, it really seems like they are "waking up" to the world. They are much more alert now and make eye contact with us all the time. I even caught them watching TV the other night! Even though we are still on the 3 hour feeding schedule, they make sure to tell us when they are hungry - sometimes as soon as 2 hours after their last meal. Tyler definitely takes the cake for loudest scream, but Max has let out some good cries too. Their preemie outfits are a bit snug on them now, so it's probably time to switch completely to newborn size clothes. I put two pictures below of Tyler in his very first preemie outfit at about 7 weeks old and in the same outfit at 3 months old. They certainly are growing!
Grandma and Grandpa Jones are coming back in town this week and we are looking forward to seeing them (and having some help, of course...) ;) We hope everyone is having a great week!
Nap time with DadHere is a tiny dose of Tyler's scream at the end of the video. He is 10 times louder when he's hungry!
8 comments:
I love the outfit comparison picture. Hang in there - hopefully in a few months your 2.5 hour naps will be a distant memory!
That video is too funny. It's like little yelps. Ditto on what Nan said! xoxo
YEAH! I check 2 times a day for new blogs. It is fun to see them grow online even though we can't see for ourselves yet!
- Christie
that is the cutest little cry i have ever heard!! Caden WHALES when he cries. I am so glad they are doing so well and growing. We want to come see them....and you and Andy, of course, soon!!
Love,
The Lieblers
Andy and Bridget, The boys are getting sooooo big!!! I love the comparison pic and the video was hilarious. I love the little couch potatoes watching t.v. too!! Y'all are doing so great. I am so glad that you let Super Jim take over for the night time feedings. Y'all are so smart. And he is awesome for doing it. Hope to see ya soon. Let me know when you don't have so much company and I will even come over so y'all can go out to eat! I would love to see Max and Tyler and help y'all out too. Let me know. Love y'all, Karen
Oh da babies!
Just when I think they couldn't possibly get any cuter, they move it up to a whole new level.
Love your little family oh-so-much.
Joy
Hang in there.....restful nights are ahead. You will be amazed at how heavenly 4 or 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep will feel. You both will be new people! The little cry is so cute, although I am sure it doesn't sound little at the time. Heather L.
hi guys,
this is such a fun posting! i love the pic of them watching tv...they are so identical down to the way their hand are positioned. i've watched tyler's whale at least 10 times...and laughed every time. he is hilarious. I miss that little scream! hoping for another visit soon!! love and miss you all. Kel
Post a Comment