Tyler and Max have IVs inserted all of the time so they can receive extra nutrients in addition to milk. The nurses change the placement of the IVs every couple of days, typically inserting the line into their legs or arms. Since Tyler was sick and had to have an extra IV for antibiotics, he started running out of good veins for the IVs. Apparently there is one other good place to insert IVs in preemies besides his arm or leg.... his HEAD!
Luckily the boys' night nurse Karen dressed up Tyler's new IV so it wasn't quite as scary to see. The main reason for the crown is so Tyler won't roll on the IV or try to pull it out, but I think it was also done so his parents wouldn't cry or faint.
At least he gets to be prince for a while! (just don't tell Max...)
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
You're going to put that WHERE?
Posted by Bridget and Andy at 2:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
You have a beautiful king! I read your blog daily. :) Tyler and Max are so lucky to have wonderful parents like you!
So if he's a prince, that makes you the queen? Right. A well-deserved title! Love u!
That is really cute (in spite of the whole IV in the head thing)! I love reading the updates. Keep up the good work!
very fitting...they are little princes!
I am so glad you all are doing well.I will continue to pray for everyone.
Dear Bridget and Andy, Thank you so much for allowing us to know the boys so early in life, it's wonderful. I can see the lads have inherited the bravery and courage of their parents. Daily prayers are with all of you.
Francis and Nuala
Awww, Max will be so jealous! I love starting out the morning checking out what Max and Tyler are up to...thanks for making us all feel like we're right there with you guys :)
I want to be a nurse at this hospital! They are so nice, cute, and fun. What a creative way to sooth the nerves of parents and visitors!
The four of you continue to be in our thoughts...I check the blog often and enjoy the updates! SO HAPPY to hear the boys are doing well...Keep the good news coming!Sara&Brian
Thanks for the updates!! We love reading about how the boys are doing :) I am so glad the nurses take such good care of you guys. It is so cute how creative they are. Maureen and Doug
Post a Comment