We had a rare treat this weekend with visits from all 3 grandparents! My dad had planned this trip about a month ago and then Andy's parents decided last-minute to come visit too. Since the guest room is now a full-fledged nursery with 2 cribs and all, we don't have the accommodations that we used to. Luckily my dad is very flexible and slept on the couch, and we got a hotel room for Andy's parents that was just down the street. The hotel had an added benefit of an indoor pool so we took the boys swimming for the first time too! Let's just say there was more crying than there was smiling though. There were a lot of kids in the pool and all of the sounds were magnified since it was indoors, making it a bit overwhelming for M & T. Plus some bratty kid got mad when he couldn't play with the boys' tug boat so he swam up and splashed Tyler in the face! Ha! I was ready to kick some booty :)
My dad and I took the boys to the pediatrician on Friday to get their monthly RSV shots and the nurse took their weights -- they are each exactly 18 pounds 9 ounces. They have always been within a few ounces of each other but never the exact same weight. Guess there's no arguing that they are twins!
Here are a few pictures from the weekend. I didn't get any good pictures with Nana or from the pool (aside from a few with us in our bathing suits and our winter whiteness that I'm not quite ready to share with the world...). Thanks for a great weekend, Grandparents! We loved having you here!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Weekend with the Grandparents
Posted by Bridget and Andy at 10:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Bridge, Andy, Tyler & Max:
What a wonderful weekend with everyone and a very special treat to have Sam & Linda there.
Those boys are something else and they may look exactly alike but they have unique characteristics. Tyler will only allow someone to feed him after he has a spoon in his hand. Max will drop his hands completely off the bottle if you reach to move it and you have to hold it until he is done.
Thankfully Max had a little scratch on his head and that was my identifier all weekend. Maybe one week with the two of them and I could tell them apart without any help. I look forward to that week!
Thanks Bridge and Andy for a great weekend.
Love,
Dad/Big Jim
Is it bad that I laughed out loud at the tug boat boy story? I want to see pics from them in the pool...email one to me stat!!! :)
Andy/Bridge/Max and Tyler-Nana and I had a wonderful time with you and Big Jim. I've said it before and will many more times, it's great how compatible our families are. Spending time with the Maguire (and Shrewsberry) clan is simply fun. Next pool experience will be an outside pool at GREAT Grandpa and Grandma Dillard's house in Texas. See you soon. Love Grandpa Sam
Post a Comment